1. How to renew the trademark registration certificate after it has expired
1. Methods for renewing a trademark registration certificate after it expires: The party concerned shall submit a renewal application to the Trademark Office within twelve months before expiration. After review, the Trademark Office shall approve the renewal and make an announcement if it confirms that the conditions are met. If the application cannot be processed within this period, a six-month grace period may be granted.
2. Legal basis:
(2) Article 40 of the "Copyright Law of the People's Republic of China" stipulates that if a registered trademark has expired and needs to be continued to be used, the trademark registrant shall The renewal procedures must be handled in accordance with regulations within the first twelve months; if the renewal procedures are not completed during this period, a six-month extension period may be granted. Each renewal of registration is valid for ten years, starting from the day after the expiration of the previous term of validity of the trademark. If renewal procedures are not completed upon expiration, the registered trademark will be cancelled.
The Trademark Office shall announce the renewal of registered trademarks.
2. How long does it take for a trademark to expire and be renewed
1. If you need to continue to use a registered trademark after it expires, you should apply for trademark renewal registration within 12 months before expiration. If you fail to apply during this period, A six-month extension period can be granted. If an application is not submitted within the extension period, the registered trademark will be cancelled. After the Trademark Office reviews the trademark renewal registration application, it will issue a trademark renewal certificate and no longer issue a separate trademark registration certificate. The original trademark registration certificate will be used together with the trademark renewal certificate.
2. Trademark renewal,An application for trademark renewal, a power of attorney for renewal, and a copy of the registrant's business license are required. A successfully registered trademark is valid for ten years, and there is no need to pay any fees for use. After expiration, if the trademark still needs to be used, just apply for renewal. For renewal, a copy of the business license and official seal must be provided, and an application for trademark renewal and a power of attorney must be submitted. Trademark applicants can apply for renewal six months before expiration. If they forget, they can apply for renewal six months after expiration. This is an extended extension. If no application for renewal is made within the extension period, the trademark will be invalid. I hope the above content can be helpful to you. If you have other questions, you can click the button below for consultation, or go to the Legal Savior website to consult a professional lawyer.