Things that should be paid attention to when transferring trademarks
1. When a registered trademark is transferred, the trademark registrant must use the same or Identical or similar trademarks registered on similar goods shall be transferred together.
2. One month after the transfer application is submitted, the Trademark Office will send the "Notice of Acceptance" to the transferee by mail according to the address filled in the application form. At the same time, a copy of the "Notice of Acceptance" will be sent to the registrant according to the registrant's address recorded in the Trademark Office for the transferred trademark.
3. If the transfer application does not comply with legal provisions, the Trademark Office will notify the applicant in writing by mail to make corrections within a time limit according to the address filled in on the application.
4. After the transfer application is approved, the Trademark Office will send the transfer certificate to the transferee by mail according to the address filled in the application form, and send the trademark registration certificate to the transferee. An announcement will be made regarding the transfer. The date of signature on the certificate is the date of announcement, and the assignee shall enjoy the exclusive right to use the trademark from that date.
5. If the transfer application cannot be approved due to other reasons, the Trademark Office will notify the applicant in writing by mail according to the address filled in the application form.
6. If the transferee in the transfer application is shared by multiple persons, the relevant notice or certificate from the Trademark Office will only be issued to the representative. If other co-owners need proof, they should apply for a reissue.
7. If the applicant entrusts a trademark agency to handle the transfer application, the Trademark Office will not directly have any correspondence with the applicant, and all documents will be sent to the applicant. Send it to the trademark agency.
8. The category of the application should be filled in according to the international classification category approved by the "Trademark Registration Certificate".
9. Other matters needing attention when applying for trademark registration by natural persons
The above is the relevant knowledge about the above issues compiled by Hualu editor for you. This website provides you with professional lawyer consultation. If you have any questions, you are welcome to enter the Legal Savior Network for consultation.