How much is the transfer fee for a utility model patent?
The transfer fee for a utility model patent is agreed upon by both parties. However, you can refer to the following fees:
1. The fees charged by the national department shall be submitted to the State Intellectual Property Office for the "Declaration of Change of Bibliographic Items" from the date of filing the request. A handling fee of RMB 250 for changing the bibliographic items must be paid within one month.
2. The fee for transferring patent rights is considered according to the type, technology and other aspects of the patent. It ranges from several thousand to hundreds of thousands and needs to be negotiated between you and the other party. .
3. Agency agency fee Agency fee is the fee charged by the agency for providing various services to the client.
Each agency has its own regulations and algorithms. The agency fee mainly includes providing consultation, preparing application documents, and the process from the patent office accepting the application to final authorization or rejection. Some of the transactions are usually collected in one lump sum when entrusting. Of course, depending on the client and the content, the amount and payment method can still be negotiated by both parties. The specifics can be agreed upon by both parties signing an agency agreement.
Generally speaking, the agency fee is about 300-3,000 yuan. In addition, the cost of the patent evaluation report is approximately 3,000 yuan.
Pay attention to the following points when transferring patents:
1. Correctly evaluate the value of your patent, too High prices can scare away investors.
2. The technology is mature, there are samples, and there are relevant videos for investors to see.
3. Have a detailed plan and write a relevant plan.
4. The patent has been authorized. Unauthorized patents are generally not transferable.
How to settle patent transfer fees
There are generally three ways to settle patent transfer fees:
1. One-time settlement. One-time settlement means that after signing the transfer contract, the licensee (transferee) pays the licensor (patentee) a one-time transfer fee according to the price specified in the contract.2. Commission. There are two types of commission: fixed commission and sliding commission.
(1) Fixed commission refers to the contract product The production quantity or net sales are artificially fixed at a certain number (regardless of whether the actual production quantity or net sales are more or less), and the commission is based on this number every year within the commission limit;
(2) The sliding commission is based on the actual number of products produced each year or the actual net sales commission.
3. Fixed and commission Combined.
(1) The "fixed" part is called the initial payment, also called the "entry fee". This part of the fee must be paid immediately after the contract takes effect;
(2) The "commission" part must be paid within the number of years agreed in the contract after the project is put into production, and the method is the same as "commission".