1. How to check the trademark registration numberThere is a XXXX number in the upper right corner of the trademark. That XXXX is the application number and registration number.
First, the trademark search files are handled by the Archives Department of the Trademark Office.
Second, when the public security, court, procuratorate, national security, disciplinary inspection and supervision, auditing agency and other departments inquire about trademark files, the inquiry personnel should present their valid certificates and Submit relevant official letters.
Third, if a law firm or trademark agency is entrusted by a party to inquire about the party's own trademark file, the inquiry personnel should present their valid certificates and submit the party's Power of attorney, valid identification of the party concerned, and a letter of introduction from a law firm or trademark agency.
Fourth, a law firm or trademark agency acting as an agent for litigation activities can query the archives of the trademark involved. The querying personnel should present their valid certificates and submit them to the court. Relevant certificates, power of attorney from the parties and letters of introduction from law firms or trademark agencies.
Fifth, if a trademark registrant inquires about his own trademark file, the inquiry personnel should present his valid certificate. If the registrant is an organization, he should submit a letter of introduction from the organization and the registration number. A copy of the business license with official seal.
Sixth, if a law firm or trademark agency and a trademark registrant need to obtain trademark files for document appraisal, in addition to the above procedures, the appraiser should also Submit an introduction to the accreditation agency.
Legal basis:Article 15 of the "Regulations on the Implementation of the Trademark Law of the People's Republic of China"
The name of the commodity or service item shall be filled in according to the category number and name in the commodity and service classification table; if the name of the commodity or service item is not included in the commodity and service classification table, a description of the commodity or service shall be attached.
Article 20 of the Implementation Regulations of the Trademark Law of the People's Republic of China
If priority is claimed in accordance with Article 25 of the Trademark Law, the copy of the first application for trademark registration submitted by the applicant shall be certified by the trademark authority that accepted the application and shall be noted. Please indicate the application date and application number.
2. The significance of trademark inquiry
1. Detect registration obstacles
(1) Check whether there are registered products on the same or similar products Or apply for the same or similar trademark registration to increase the probability of successful trademark registration;
(2) If there is an identical or similar previously registered trademark, you can Modify or adjust the trademark to be registered, or give up the application.
2. Find out whether the trademark can be used safely
(1) Check the trademark registration situation to avoid infringement of others’ registered trademarks;
(2) Reduce the loss of publicity and advertising expenses and reduce business risks.
3. Discovering trademark squatters
(1) There are three types of trademark squatters: One type is the trademark owner’s partners, such as sales agents, etc. The purpose is to obtain or consolidate one's exclusive agent status, or to obtain high transfer fees from the person being registered;
(2) The second category is "free riders", that is, those who attempt to take advantage of the goodwill of the registered trademark and consciously cause consumers to misunderstand and obtain improper benefits;
(3) The third one is a trademark broker, that is, someone who registers someone else's trademark purely for the purpose of defrauding the registered person from trademark transfer fees or licensing fees, while the registered person I have no intention of using a preemptively registered trademark.
4. Understand the progress of the application: Conducting trademark inquiries in a timely manner can understand the progress of the trademark registration application, so that you can be aware of the trademark registration and trademark use.
In short, companies and individuals must pay attention to trademark registration to avoid infringement or other illegal activities due to trademark issues. By searching for the trademark registration number in a variety of ways, you can understand the protection status and protection elements of the trademark, thereby avoiding legal risks. I hope the above content will be helpful to you. If you have other questions, you can click the button below for consultation, or go to the Legal Savior website to consult a professional lawyer.